If ever Instagram, Pinterest and the likes fail to inspire you (it happens – we know) the best way to go is the cinema. We’ve listed 5 of the most inspirational movies – from M.A.S.H. to American Gigolo. Hashtag outfit goals!
We’ve always been quite peculiar at team le freddie when talking movies: the plot is important, sure, but the styling is what usually gets us all excited. Although there are hundreds of stylish films, here’s our very personal list of Five Uber Stylish Films – and yes: you can shop some of the styles right here, right now.
American Gigolo (1980)
Because Richard Gere. And also because of the level of sophistication in the styling. Lots of layering, the use of pink for men (we like!) and Lauren Hutton in her yellow knit: just SO good.
The Go-Between (1971)
Probably the best prairie movie of all times, featuring Julie Christie and a boy in the perfect peter pan-collar. The dresses, the umbrellas to help shade the sun, the love story – we’re swooning from start to finish. Just don’t mind the plot – it’s not that great.
Aaaah Michelle Pfeiffer. That haircut. Those skimpy dresses. That smokey eye. These glossed-up lips. And okay – Al Pacino isn’t that bad either.
We smile EVERY TIME we come across a M.A.S.H. image online. We mean come on, those guys in capri pants with colourful socks and matching cardi’s: how cute are they? Warm appeal to all guys out there: bring back M.A.S.H. style, please!
The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
Steve McQueen is cult, but the real catch of this film is Faye Dunaway in a wardrobe that has us drooling. The puffed sleeves, the faded colours, the hair scarves and the luxury of it all: watch this movie on repeat and start channelling Faye today – you won’t regret it.
Inspired? Ready to switch your wardrobe to movie mode? Here are a few of our favourite items that tick all the boxes:
- If you’re a Gigolo type of girl, try this cute ass vintage Mugler suit – Richard G. would approve. https://lefreddie.com/product/racer-back-dress-with-matching-blazer/
- If you’re more the prairie type, we’ve got options – options – options. This one is our personal favourite: https://lefreddie.com/product/orange-printed-prairie-dress/
- The Scarface-Michelle Pfeiffer would have a hard time resisting this halter neck dress: https://lefreddie.com/product/flower-print-halter-neck-dress/
- Make M.A.S.H. Great Again. With these shorts, you can make it happen: https://lefreddie.com/product/checked-bermuda-shorts/
- Start that affair with Thomas Crown today rather than tomorrow – this dress is a good way to start: https://lefreddie.com/product/shirt-dress-with-polkadots/